Pen Name: None
Birth Year: 1946
Place of Birth: N/A
Phyllis Eisenstein teaches Science Fiction writing at Columbia College of Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Phyllis Eisenstein has been a professional writer since 1971, both on her own and in collaboration with her husband Alex. She has published 6 novels and thirty or so short stories, novelets, and novellas. She has been nominated twice each for the Hugo and the Nebula, the Science Fiction field's highest awards. Phyllis has also written a nonfiction book, Overcoming the Pain of Inflammatory Arthritis, which is about the use of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) for arthritis, a disease she has had all of her adult life. Phyllis is Editor-in-Chief and Autocrat of Spec-Lit.
- Born to Exile, Arkham House, 1978
- Shadow of Earth, Dell, 1979
- In the Hands of Glory, Pocket Books, 1981
- In the Red Lord`s Reach, Signet, 1989
- Crystal Palace, Signet, 1989
- Sorcerer's Son, Grafton, 1990
- Nine Lives: Nine Stories of the Dark Fantastic, Five Star, 2003
- Overcoming the Pain of Inflammatory Arthritis, Avery, 2007
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Phyllis has been nominated twice each for the Hugo and the Nebula, the Science Fiction field's highest awards.
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.