Pen Name: None
Born: 1959 in Chicago, Illinois
Fritzsche was born in Chicago and has been with the Department of History at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, since 1987.
Biographical and Professional Information
Peter Fritzsche has been with the Department of History at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, since 1987. He became a Professor in 1995 and served as the Department Chair from 2000-2005.
Fritzsche has also edited two books: Imagining the Twentieth Century with Charles Stewart and The Work of Memory: New Directions in the Study of German Society and Culture with Alon Confino.
- Rehersals for Fascism, Populism and Political Mobilization in Weimer Germany, Oxford University Press, 1990
- A Nation of Fliers, German Aviation and the Popular Imagination, Harvard University Press, 1992
- Berlinwalks, Holt, 1994
- Reading Berlin 1900, Harvard University Press, 1998
- Germans Into Nazis, Harvard University Press, 1999
- Stranded in the Present: Modern Time and the Melancholy of History, Harvard University Press, 2004
- Friedrich Nietzsche and the Death of God, St. Martins Press, 2007
- Life and Death in the Third Reich, Belknap, 2008
- The Turbulent World of Franz Göll: An Ordinary Berliner Writes the Twentieth Century, Harvard University Press, 2011
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Rehearsals for Fascism: Populism and Political Mobilization in Weimar Germany
Release Date: 1990-03-22
A Nation of Fliers: German Aviation and the Popular Imagination (History E-Book Project)
Release Date: 1994-02-01
Release Date: 1994-05-20
Reading Berlin 1900
Release Date: 1998-01-20
Germans into Nazis
Release Date: 1999-10-01
Stranded in the Present: Modern Time and the Melancholy of History
Release Date: 2004-05-28
Life and Death in the Third Reich
Release Date: 2009-09-30
The Turbulent World of Franz Göll: An Ordinary Berliner Writes the Twentieth Century
Release Date: 2011-03-21
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Fifi Oscard Agency, Inc.
20 West 40th Street, 17th Floor
New York, New York 10018
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.