Pen Name: None
Born: 1927 in Chicago, Illinois
Died: 1996 in North Carolina
Paul Carroll lived and worked in Chicago for many years.
Biographical and Professional Information
Paul Carroll was a poet and the founder of the Poetry Center of Chicago. He was a Professor of English at the University of Illinois at Chicago. In 1974, he founded the Program for Writers, the school's graduate program for creative writing. He retired as Professor Emeritus in 1992.
In 1993, he moved to the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina where he continued to write poetry every day until his death.
- The Poem in It`s Skin, Big Table Publishing, 1968
- Odes, Poems, Big Table Publishing, 1969
- The Luke Poems, Big Table Publishing, 1971
- Poems, Spoon River Poetry Press, 1988
- The Beaver Dam Road Poems, Big Table Books, 1994
- Straight Poets I Have Known and Loved, Big Table Books, 1995
Titles at Your Library
Straight Poets I Have Known and Loved
Release Date: 1995
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.