Pen Name: None
Genres: Fiction, Non-Fiction
Born: 1957 in St. Louis, Missouri
Patrick lived in Chicago and currently resides in Munster, Indiana.
Biographical and Professional Information
You know that kid who was constantly getting yelled at by teachers to stop drawing pictures and pay attention? The one whose book covers and paper margins were covered with artwork? The kid who handed in test papers that were half completed but thoroughly illustrated? That was Patrick Girouard.
Now he's a freelance illustrator whose clients include Sesame Street Magazine, National Geographic World, Kid City, Spider, Weekly Reader, USA Today, Click, Scholastic, Highlights and Oxford University Press.
His work can be found in over 100 children's books as well as museum exhibits, greeting cards, t-shirts, games, toys, puzzles, odd scraps of paper, the margins of newspapers, and his Mom's refrigerator door.
- Dinosaurs Dance (With Larry Dane Brimner), Childrens Press, 1998
- I Have a Weird Brother Who Digested a Fly (With Joan Holub), Albert Whitman & Company, 1999
- Yikes--Lice! (With Donna Caffey), Albert Whitman & Company, 2002
- Nina and Nolan Build a Nonsense Poem (With Lisa Bullard),Norwood House Press, 2011
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
I Have a Weird Brother Who Digested a Fly
Release Date: 1999-10
Nina and Nolan Build a Nonsense Poem (Poetry Builders)
Release Date: 2011-08-15
- Science Books and Films Best Books., Yikes - Lice!
- Society of School Librarians International Honor Book., I Have A Weird Brother Who Digested A Fly.
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Patrick does school and library visits and can be contacted via his web site.
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.