Pen Name: None
Born: 1954 in Kosciusko, Mississippi
Winfrey lives in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Winfrey is an American television presenter, media mogul and philanthropist. Her internationally-syndicated talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, has earned her multiple Emmy Awards and is the highest-rated talk show in the history of television. She is also an influential book critic, an Academy Award nominated actress, and a magazine publisher.
- Make the Connection, 10 Steps to a Better Body and a Better Life, Hyperion, 1996 - written with Bob Greene
- The Uncommon Wisdom of Oprah Winfrey, Carol Pub., 1996 - written with Bill Adler
- Journey to Beloved, Hyperion, 1998
- Oprah Winfrey Speaks, Insights from the World`s Most Influential Voice, Wiley, 1998
- Live Your Best Life: A Treasury of Wisdom, Wit, Advice, Interviews, And Inspiration from O, the Oprah Magazine, Oxmoor House, 2005
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Make the Connection: Ten Steps to a Better Body - and a Better Life
Release Date: 1996-09
The Uncommon Wisdom Of Oprah Winfrey: A Portrait in Her Own Words (Unauthorized)
Release Date: 2000-06-01
Journey to Beloved - Limited Edition
Release Date: 1998-10-23
Oprah Winfrey Speaks: Insights from the World's Most Influential Voice
Release Date: 1998-09-25
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.