Michele Weber Hurwitz
Pen Name: None
Weber Hurwitz grew up in Skokie and currently lives in Buffalo Grove, a northwest suburb of Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Michele Weber Hurwitz has a journalism degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and has worked as a publicist, freelance magazine writer, and newspaper columnist.
- Calli Be Gold , Wendy Lamb Books , 2011
- The Summer I Saved the World...in 65 Days, Ember, 2015
- Ethan Marcus Stands Up, Aladdin, 2017
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Calli Be Gold
Release Date: 2011-04-05
Calli Be Gold
- Best Books of the Year listing with a star for outstanding merit, Bank Street College of Education, 2012
The Summer I Saved the World...in 65 Days
- Young Critics' Favorite Books 2014-2015, Perrot Memorial Library, Old Greenwich, CT
- Kiss the Book's list of Top 50 books for secondary, 2015
- Starred Review, The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Michele will speak to small or larger groups in the 3rd to 6th grade range, and also to adult writers' groups. Her presentations at schools and libraries are interactive and about one hour long. They can be tailored to meet the needs of the group. She can speak on the writing and publishing process and what it's like to work as an author. She also can initiate and moderate a discussion of the themes in Calli Be Gold, including achievement and the pressure to succeed.
Michele is also available for book signings and Skype visits.
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.