Mary Ann Rodman
Pen Name: None
Born: 1954 in Washington, D.C.
Mary Ann grew up in Chicago, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
Mary Ann has a master's degree in library and information science from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, and an MFA in writing for children from Vermont College. She has held a variety of jobs ranging from community theater director to church youth coordinator but has been primarily a children's librarian. Mary Ann now lives in Georgia.
- My Best Friend (Illustrated by E.B.Lewis), Puffin, 2007
- Jimmy's Star, Farrar, Straus and Giroux , 2008
- First Grade Stinks! (Illustrated by Beth Spiegel), Peachtree Publishers, 2008
- Yankee Girl, Square Fish, 2008
- Surprise soup (Illustrated byG. Brian Karas) , Viking Juvenile, 2009
- A Tree for Emmy (Illustrated byTatjana Mai-Wyss) , Peachtree Publishers, 2009
- Camp K-9 (Illustrated by Nancy Hayashi), Peachtree Publishers, 2011
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
My Best Friend
Release Date: 2007-06-14
Release Date: 2008-04-29
First Grade Stinks!
Release Date: 2008-09-01
Release Date: 2009-04-16
A Tree for Emmy
Release Date: 2009-03-01
- Charlotte Zolotow Award , My Best Friend
- 2009 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year, Jimmy's Star
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.