Margaret Caroline Anderson
Pen Name: Margaret Anderson, Margaret C. Anderson
Born: 1886 in Indianapolis, IN
Died: 1973 in Le Cannet, France
Anderson moved to Chicago in 1908.
Biographical and Professional Information
During Chicago's Literary Renaissance, Margaret Anderson founded the avant-garde literary magazine, The Little Review. From 1914 to 1929, the magazine featured a wide variety of transatlantic modernists and cultivated many early examples of experimental writing and art.
- My Thirty Years' War: An Autobiography, 1930
- The Fiery Fountains: The Autobiography, 1951
- Unknowable Gurdjieff, 1962
- The Strange Necessity: The Autobiography, 1962
Titles at Your Library
- Chicago Literary Hall of Fame, 2014
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.