Lori B. Andrews
Pen Name: None
Genre: Non-Fiction & Fiction
Born: 1952 in Chicago
Andrews lives in the Chicago area and is a Distinguished Professor of law at Chicago-Kent College of Law and Director of the Institute for Science, Law and Technology.
Biographical and Professional Information
Lori Andrews is a professor of law at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) Chicago-Kent College of Law; Director of IIT's Institute for Science, Law, and Technology. She is an internationally-recognized expert on biotechnologies.
Andrews is the author of fourteen books and more than one hundred scholarly articles, monographs, and book chapters on subjects including informed consent, medical genetics, and health policy.
Her honors include:
- The National Law Journal listed her as one of the "100 Most Influential Lawyers in America"
- In 2002, she won the National Health Law Teachers Award
- In 2005, she was made an Honorary Fellow of the American College of Legal Medicine for her "distinguished achievement in the field of legal medicine"
- The American Bar Association Journal describes Andrews as “a lawyer with a literary bent who has the scientific chops to rival any CSI investigator.”
- Birth of a Salesman: Lawyer Advertising and Solicitation, 1980
- New Conceptions, A Consumer`s Guide to the Newest Fertility Treatments, Including In-Vitro Fertilization, Artificial Insemination and Surrogate Mothers, St. Martin`s Press, 1984
- State Laws and Regulations Governing Newborn Screening, 1985
- Between Strangers, Surrogate Mothers, Expectant Fathers and Brave New Babies, Harper and Row, 1989
- Assessing Genetic Risks: Implications for Health and Social Policy, 1994
- The Clone Age, Adventures in the New World, Henry Holt, 2000
- Black Power, White Blood: The Life and Times of Johnny Spain, 2000
- Body Bazaar: The Market for Human Tissue in the Biotechnology Age, 2001 - written with Dorothy Nelkin
- Future Perfect: Confronting Decisions About Genetics, Columbia University Press, 2001
- Genetics, Law, Ethics and Public Policy, West Publishers, 2002, reprinted 2006, 2010 and 2015 - written with Maxwell J. Mehlman and Mark A. Rothstein
- Sequence, Minotaur Books, 2006
- The Silent Assassin, Minotaur Books, 2007
- Immunity, Minotaur Books, 2008
- I Know Who You Are and I Saw What You Did: Social Networks and the Death of Privacy, Free Press, 2012
Titles at Your Library
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
The author is available for interviews.
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.