Pen Name: None
Born: 1956 in Chicago, Illinois
Laura Kipnis is a Professor at Northwwestern University's School of Communication in Evanston, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
Kipnis is th author of Against Love: A Polemic and The Female Thing: DDirt, Sex, Envy, Vulnerability, which have been translated into fifteen languages. She is a professor in the Department of Radio/TV/Film at Northweasterdn University, has received fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and the Rockefeller Foundation and has contributed to Slate, Harper's, The Nation, and The New York Times Magazine. She lives in New York and Chicago.
- Ecstasy Unlimited, on Sex, Capital, Gender and Aesthetics, University of Minnesota Press, 1993
- Bound and Gagged, Pornography and the Politics of Fantasy in America, Duke University, 1999
- Against Love: A Polemic, Pantheon, 2003
- The Female Thing: Dirt, Sex, Envy, Vulnerability, Pantheon, 2006
- How to Become a Scandal, Metropolitan Books, 2010
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Against Love: A Polemic
Release Date: 2004-09-14
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.