Pen Name: None
Genres: Fiction, Other;
Born: in Chicago, Illinois
MY PERSONAL CONNECTION TO ILLINOIS:
- Born and raised in Chicago
- Attended Our Lady of Victory elementary school in Chicago
- Went to Good Counsel High School in Chicago
- Attended DePaul University & Northeastern IL University (undergrad)
- Received Master of Education degree from University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
MY BOOKS' CONNECTION TO ILLINOIS:
- WANTED: DEAD OR IN LOVE begins at a 1920's style dinner theater in downtown Chicago. The main character and her father reside in the John Hancock building.
- ONE SMART COOKIE: The entire story takes place in an around Chicago. The fictional Polish bakery is set near Belmont and Milwaukee, and Sophie goes on dates to Navy Pier and Oak Street Beach.
Biographical and Professional Information
When I'm not writing, you'll find me teaching reading and language arts full-time to 7th graders in Prospect Heights, Illinois. I've been writing for over ten years and an active member of SCBWI. I lead two critique groups and often attend the national conference in LA. I'm happily married and have three college-age daughters and two cute dogs. Life is good!
Wanted: Dead or In Love, Merit Press (F+W Media), 2014
One Smart Cookie, Omnific Publishing, 2014
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Wanted - Dead or In Love
Release Date: 2014-06-30
One Smart Cookie
Release Date: 2014-07-15
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Presentations on writing for Young Adults and/or Humor/Top Ten Things I Did to Get Published/ Turning TV Time into Literary Gold Skype or In-Person School visits Book Club Visits (within an hour of NW suburbs) Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about rates.
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.