Pen Name: Kim "Howard" Johnson
Born: 1955 in Ottawa, Illinois
Johnson was born and raised in Ottawa, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
Kim “Howard” Johnson has written several books on Monty Python as well as comic books for Marvel, DC, and Event Comics. Johnson first met the members of the Monty Python troupe in 1978 when he was the publisher of a Monty Python fanzine. He also appeared in Life Of Brian, and once worked as John Cleese's personal assistant.
Johnson and his wife, Laurie Bradach, own DoubleDare Books. He has also been a screenwriter, an award-winning newspaper writer, marketing director for a comic book company, radio newsman and feature reporter and magazine journalist.
- The First 20 Years of Monty Python, St. Martin's Press, 1989
- And Now For Something Completely Trivial: the Monty Python Trivia and Quiz Book, St. Martin's Press, 1991
- Life Before and After Python, St. Martin's Press, 1992
- Truth in Comedy, Meriwether Publishing, 1994
- The First 28 Years of Monty Python, Revised Edition , St. Martin's Griffin, 1999
- Superman: True Brit, DC Comics Inc., 2004 - written with John Cleese
- The Funniest One in the Room: the Lives and Legends of Del Close, Chicago Review Press, 2008 - written with Charna Halpern and Del Close
- Monty Python's Tunisian Holiday: My Life with Brian, Thomas Dunne Books, 2008
- The Dare Club: Nita, DoubleDare Books, 2012 - written with Laurie Bradach
- The Last of the Time Police, DoubleDare Books, 2013
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
And Now For Something Completely Trivial
Release Date: 1993-12-01
Life Before and After Monty Python: The Solo Flights of the Flying Circus
Release Date: 1993-04
Truth in Comedy: The Manual for Improvisation
Release Date: 1994-04-01
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.