Joseph J Kozma
Pen Name: None
Genres: Fiction, Poetry
Born: in Pecs, Hungary
Kozma is a physician in private practice in Jacksonville, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
Dr Joseph J. Kozma has written poetry all of his life. Being born in Hungary, he had first-hand knowledge of the plight of the Hungarian refugees in the spring of 1945. During the process of his immigration to the West, much of his early work was lost. Some of the inspiration for his writing comes from his practice and other from the interactions with his surroundings. Along with his books listed below, Kozma is the author of two chap books: Of Song, of Life and Solitary Bee.
On April 21, 2016, Dr. Kozma was proclaimed the Poet Laureate of Jacksonville, Illinois.
- Killer Plants: A Poisonous Plant Guide, Milesstone Publishing, 1969
- Mathmatics in Color, Indian Paintbrush Poets, 2009
- Until We Meet, Indian Paintbrush Poets, 2011
- 1945, Burning Daylight, 2011
- The New Neanderthal, Indian Paintbrush Poets, 2014
Titles at Your Library
The New Neanderthal
Release Date: 2014-07-08
- Poet Laureate of Jacksonville, Illinois, April 21, 2016
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.