John F. Wasik
Pen Name: None
Born: 1957 in Grayslake, Illinois
Wasik was born in Grayslake, Illinois. He earned his B.A. and M.A. from the University of Illinois - Chicago and resides north of Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
John Wasik, one of the leading personal financial journalists in the world. He has spoken all over the U.S. and has won 18 awards for his writing and investigative journalism. Covering topics that include investing, retirement. college planning, taxes and real estate, he focuses on how to bring balance to everyday life. His philosophy is that a sound "personal ecology can make anyone's life sustainable through a diversified harmony between, work, leisure, family and community. His speeches illustrate how money can become a servant in this process and create a prosperous and happy life.
Wasik has written for The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune.com, Morningstar.com and AARP Magazine. He was a columnist for Bloomberg News and Reuters, where his columns were published by newspapers on four continents.He holds a B.A. in psychology and an M.A. in Communications from the University of Illinois-Chicago and is a certified retirement counselor (InFRE). He's also a member of SABEW, SPJ and The Chicago Headline Club.
His articles have appeared in The New York Times, The Financial Times, The International Herald Tribune, The Financial Post, The Washington Post, Reader's Digest, Parade, Barron's, Popular Science, Health, New York Newsday, The Chicago Sun-Times, The Pittsburgh Press, The St. Louis Post Dispatch, The Seattle Times, The Orange County Register and dozens of other papers.
- The Electronic Business Information Sourcebook, Wiley, 1987
- The Green Supermarket Shopping Guide, Warner, 1995
- Green Marketing & Management: A Global Perspective, Blackwell, 1996
- The Investment Club Book, Warner, 1996
- The Green Company Resource Guide, NCI, 1997
- The Late-Start Investor, Holt, 1999
- Retire Early and Live the Life You Want Now, Holt, 2000
- The Kitchen-Table Investor, Holt, 2001
- The Bear-Proof Investor, Owl, 2002
- The Merchant of Power: Samuel Insull, Thomas Edison and the Creation of the Modern Metropolis, Palgrave-Macmillan, 2006
- i Money, 2008
- The Audacity of Help, Bloomberg Press, 2009
- The Cul-de-Sac Syndrome, Bloomberg Press, 2009
- Keynes's Way to Wealth: Timeless Investment Lessons from The Great Economist, McGraw-Hill, 2013
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
The Green Supermarket Shopping Guide
Release Date: 1993-10-01
Retire Early--And Live the Life You Want Now: A 10-Step Plan For Reinventing Your Retirement
Release Date: 2001-01-01
The Merchant of Power: Sam Insull, Thomas Edison, and the Creation of the Modern Metropolis
Release Date: 2008-12-23
iMoney: Profitable ETF Strategies for Every Investor
Release Date: 2008-06-18
The Audacity of Help: Obama's Stimulus Plan and the Remaking of America
Release Date: 2009-08-26
The Cul-de-Sac Syndrome: Turning Around the Unsustainable American Dream
Release Date: 2009-06-10
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
The author can be contacted via email or phone - 847-223-9814.
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.