James Finn Garner
Pen Name: None
Born: in Detroit, Michigan
Garner moved to Chicago after college.
Biographical and Professional Information
James Finn Garner's best known book is Politically Correct Bedtime Stories, which spent 64 weeks on the New York Times Best-seller list, including six weeks in the top position. The book was also a best-seller in England and Canada, and has been translated into more than 25 languages. Its sequels, Once Upon A More Enlightened Time and Politically Correct Holiday Stories, were also best sellers sold around the world.
Tea Party Fairy Tales is Garner's latest book. At this time, it is available in Kindle format only.
- Politically Correct Bedtime Stories, Macmillan, 1994
- Politically Correct Holiday Stories, Macmillan, 1994
- Once Upon a More Enlightened Time, Macmillan, 1995
- Apocalypse Wow, A Memoir for the End of Time, Cader Books, 1997
- Once Upon a More Enlightened Time, More Politically Correct Bedtime Stories, G.K. Hall, 1996
- Politically Correct, The Ultimate Storybook, Smithmark, 1998
- Recut Madness: Favorite Movies Retold for Your Partisan Pleasure, Da Capo Press, 2007
The Rex Koko Private Clown Mysteries
- Honk Honk, My Darling, CreateSpace, 2011
- Double Indignity, CreateSpace, 2014
Titles at Your Library
Politically Correct Bedtime Stories: A Collection of Modern Tales for Our Life and Times
Release Date: 1994-09-15
Once Upon a More Enlightened Time
Release Date: 1995-05
Release Date: 1997-04-24
Once Upon a More Enlightened Time: More Politically Correct Bedtime Stories
Release Date: 1995-05
Recut Madness: Favorite Movies Retold for Your Partisan Pleasure
Release Date: 2007-04-27
Double Indignity (Rex Koko, Private Clown) (Volume 2)
Release Date: 2014-05-31
Chicago Writers Association's Indie Book of the Year Award for Honk, Honk, My Darling in 2011.
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
American Diamond: Baseball, Pop Culture, and Our National Myths Program Baseball is the National Pastime, not only on the field, but in all forms of entertainment. No other sport has inspired so much literature, poetry, film, music, and performance. Garner explores the historic and literary reasons that drive this American phenomenon and how the Internet continues the tradition today. Garner, best known for his New York Times and international best-seller Politically Correct Bedtime Stories, also runs the fan-driven poetry/doggerel website, Bardball.com. (Teens and adults; 60 min; $200 with permission to sell books)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.