Pen Name: None
Genres: Fiction, Non-Fiction
Born: 1949 in Chicago, Illinois
Clark has lived and worked in Chicago his entire life.
Biographical and Professional Information
Jack Clark is an award-winning journalist, an acclaimed novelist, a singer-songwriter and a Chicago cab driver. He wrote for the weekly paper the Chicago Reader years ago, but left journalism for the world of writing fiction and picking up fares. Clark has been driving cabs for 30 years and written three books. His story caught the eye of Fresh Air contributor Dave Davies, who drove a cab in Philadelphia before entering journalism.
- Westerfield's Chain: A Mystery, St. Martins Minotaur, 2002
- On the Home Front: My Mother's Story of Everyday American Life from Prohibition Through WW II, Dorchester Press, 2002 - written with Mary Jo Clark
- Nobody's Angel , Dorchester Publishers, 2010
- Hack Writing & Other Stories, CreateSpace, 2012
- Highway Side, CreateSpace, 2012
- Dancing on Graves, CreateSpace, 2012
- Back Door to L.A., CreateSpace, 2016
Titles at Your Library
Release Date: 2002-11-01
On the Home Front: My Mother's Story of Everyday American Life from Prohibition Through WW II
Release Date: 2002-03-26
Nobody's Angel (Hard Case Crime Novels)
Release Date: 2010-06-01
Hack Writing & Other Stories
Release Date: 2012-09-08
Highway Side (Nick Acropolis)
Release Date: 2012-05-11
Dancing on Graves
Release Date: 2012-05-23
Back Door to L.A.
Release Date: 2016-08-27
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.