From Illinois Authors
The Illinois Authors Wiki is a project of the Illinois Center for the Book. It is a comprehensive resource for information on authors, photographers and illustrators who have published books and have lived in Illinois or written about Illinois.
To search for Illinois authors:
- Go to the navigational bar on the left and,
- Click on the first letter of the author's last name in the alpha list, or
- Insert a keyword (first name, last name, pen name, city, book title, etc.) in the "Search" box below the alpha list.
To contact an author:
- Go to the author's profile,
- Contact the author via their listed website, email address, post address, agent, etc.
- Note: Emails sent via the "Contact Us" link on the Wiki do not go to the authors.
To be included in the Wiki:
- Determine whether you are eligible to be listed as an Illinois author by going to: Illinois Authors Wiki Definitions and Eligibility Guidelines,
- Review the Terms of Service, and
- Complete the Request Author Listing form.
The Illinois Center for the Book is located in the Illinois State Library's Gwendolyn Brooks Building in Springfield. One of the unique features of the building, is the 34 names etched on the building's exterior fourth-floor frieze. The names represent 35 authors who have made a mark in the history of literature as well as the history of Illinois.
These authors also serve as the foundation for the State Library's Illinois Authors Room, where a collection of works by Illinois authors are preserved and displayed. The collection grows daily as new authors donate signed copies of their books.