Pen Name: None
Genres: Non-Fiction, History, Other;
Born: 1914 in Chicago, Illinois
Deceased: 1989 in New Buffalo, Michigan
Herman Kogan was a life long Chicagoan, and the father of Rick Kogan.
Biographical and Professional Information
Herman Kogan was a reporter who spent fifty years covering Chicago, many with the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Bet a million!: The Story of John W. Gates, Bobbs Merrill, 1948
- Give The Lady What She Wants: The Story of Marshal Fields and Company(with Lloyd Wendt), Rand McNally, 1952
- Big Bill of Chicago (with Lloyd Wendt), Bobbs Merrill, 1953
- Chicago, a Pictorial History(with Lloyd Wendt), Bonanza Books, 1963
- Continuing Marvel: The Story of the Museum of Science and Industry, Doubleday, 1973
- The first century: the Chicago Bar Association, 1874-1974 , Rand McNally, 1974
- Yesterday's Chicago (with son, Rick Koogan), Seemann, 1976
- Traditions and Challenges: The Story of Sidley & Austin, R.R. Donnelly, 1983
- Pharmacist to the Nation a History of Walgreen Co.(WITH SON, rICK kOGAN) , R.R. Donnelly, 1989
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Bet a million!: The Story of John W. Gates
Release Date: 1948
Give the Lady What She Wants: the Story of Marshall Fields & Company, Presentation Copy
Release Date: 1952
A continuing marvel;: The story of the Museum of Science and Industry
Release Date: 1973
Release Date: 1976-08
Traditions and Challenges: The Story of Sidley & Austin
Release Date: 1983
Pharmacist to the Nation a History of Walgreen Co.
Release Date: 1989
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.