Heidi Bee Roemer
Pen Name: None
Born: 1957 in Chicago, Illinois
Photo Credit: Picture People Studio, Orland Square Mall, Illinois
Roemer was born in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Heidi Roemer writes for Teaching K-8, has written song lyrics for Kindermusik, has a children’s book review column for a local newspaper, and is a contributing editor for The Prairie Wind, an on-line newsletter for writers and illustrators. She has sold over 300 stories, poems, and articles to a variety of children's magazines. Her poetry appears in various children’s poetry anthologies.
Heidi is an instructor for the Institute of Children’s Literature, a college credited correspondence course for adults. She is a writer-in-residence for Chicago Public Schools and has participated in many Young Authors programs. She also serves as Assistant Regional Adviser for the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators-Illinois.
- All Aboard for Zippity Zoo, Weiser Group, 1999
- Come to My Party and Other Shape Poems, Henry Holt, 2004
- What Kinds of Seeds are These?, NorthWord Press, 2006
- Whose Nest is This?, NorthWord Press, 2009
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Come to My Party
- Second Grade Reading List, Chicago Public School
- Best of the Best Books List, Chicago Public Library, 2004
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.