Pen Name: None
Born: in Kansas City, Missouri
Flynn lives in Chicago and attended Northwestern University where she earned her Master's degree in journalism.
Biographical and Professional Information
Gillian Flynn is an author and worked for Entertainment Weekly magazine as the film and television critic for ten years. Her 2006 debut, Sharp Objects, was shortlisted for the Mystery Writers of America Edgar Award for Best First Novel. Her second book, Dark Places, was released in 2009 and was named a New Yorker Reviewers' Favorite, and a Chicago Tribune Favorite Fiction book. Film rights have been sold for each.
- Sharp Objects, Three Rivers Press, 2007
- Dark Places, Shaye Areheart Books, 2009
- Gone Girl: A Novel, Crown, 2012
Titles at Your Library
Release Date: 2007-07-31
Dark Places: A Novel
Release Date: 2009-05-05
Release Date: 2012-06-05
- Edgar Award finalist
- Winner of two of Britain's Dagger Awards - the first book ever to win mulitple Daggers in one year.
- A Weekend TODAY “Top Summer Read”
- One of Publishers Weekly’s Best Books of 2009
- One of The New Yorker’s Reviewers’ Favorites from 2009
- One of The Chicago Tribune’s Our Favorite Fiction of 2009
- New York Times Bestseller
- New York Times Janet Maslin’s 10 Favorite Books of 2012
- Entertainment Weekly’s Entertainer of the Year
- People Magazine Best books of the year
- Edgar Award nominee for Best Novel
- Amazon and Barnes & Noble Best of the Year
- Macavity Award nominee for Best Mystery Novel
- Anthony Award nominee for Best Novel
- The Women's Prize nominee for Fiction
- Strand Critics Award nominee
- 2013 ILLINOIS READS Book
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.