Pen Name: None
Genres: Non-Fiction, History
Born: 1952 in Chicago, Illinois
Francis Fukuyama was born in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Francis Fukuyama is Olivier Nomellini Senior Fellow at the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies. He received his B.A. from Cornell University in classics, and his Ph.D. from Harvard in Political Science.
Dr. Fukuyama has written widely on issues relating to questions concerning democratization and international political economy. He is chairman of the editorial board of The American Interest, which he helped to found in 2005.
- The End of History and the Last Man, Free Press, 1992
- Trust: The Social Virtues and the Creation of Prosperity, Free Press, 1995
- The Great Disruption: Human Nature and the Reconstitution of Social Order , Free Press, 1999
- Our Posthuman Future: Consequences of the Biotechnology Revolution, Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 2000
- State-Building: Governance and World Order in the 21st Century, Cornell University Press, 2004
- at the Crossroads: Democracy, Power, and the Neoconservative Legacy, Yale University Press, 2006
- After the Neocons, Profile Books, 2007
- Falling Behind: Explaining the Development Gap Between Latin America and the United States, Oxford University Press, 2008
- The Origins of Political Order: From Prehuman Times to the French Revolution , Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
End of History and the Last Man
Release Date: 1992
The Great Disruption: Human Nature and the Reconstitution of Social Order
Release Date: 1999-06-14
State-Building: Governance and World Order in the 21st Century
Release Date: 2004-05
America at the Crossroads: Democracy, Power, and the Neoconservative Legacy
Release Date: 2006-02
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.