Ernest Edward Tucker
Pen Name: None
Born: 1919 in Chicago, Illinois
Deceased: 1969 in Illinois
Ernest Tucker graduated from the University of Illinois.
Ernest is the son of writer and clergyman Irwin St. John Tucker.
Biographical and Professional Information
Ernest Tucker began his career with the Chicago American Publishing Co. as a copy reader, 1938-41,he then became a feature writer diring 1945-48, a columnist, 1958-62, a city editor, 1963-69, and finally assistant managing editor, 1969. He was also a member of faculty of Medill Campus of Northwestern University, 1950-60.
- Portugee Phillips and the Fighting Sioux , Harper & Row, 1960
- Dan Morgan: Rifleman, Harper & Row , 1962
- Grant Marsh, Steamboat Captain, Harper & Row, 1964
- Soldiers And Armies (With W.T.Mars), Lothrop, Lee And Shepard, 1965
- Story of Fighting Ships, Lutterworth, 1969
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Portugee Phillips and the Fighting Sioux (The American Adventure Series)
Release Date: 1960
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.