Pen Name: Ted McClelland
Born: 1967 in Lansing, Michigan
McClelland lives in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Edward McClelland grew up in Lansing, Michigan. After getting his start in journalism at the Lansing State Journal, he later worked as a staff writer for the Chicago Reader. His writing has appeared in The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Columbia Journalism Review, Salon, Slate and The Nation.
Written under the name Ted McClelland:
- Horseplay: Life At the Track, Chicago Review Press, 2007
- The Third Coast, Chicago Review Press, 2008
Written under the name Edward McClelland:
- Young Mr. Obama, Bloomsbury Press, 2010
- Nothin' But Blue Skies, Bloomsbury Press, 2013
Titles at Your Library
The Third Coast: Sailors, Strippers, Fishermen, Folksingers, Long-Haired Ojibway Painters, and God-Save-the-Queen Monarchists of the Great Lakes
Release Date: 2008-02-01
- 2008 Great Lakes Book Award in General Nonfiction , The Third Coast
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.