Edward E Gordon
Pen Name: None
Genres: Non-Fiction, Other;
Born: 1949 Evergreen Park, Illinois
Edward is a native Chicagoan. He received his B.A.in History and Education, from DePaul University, his M.A.in History,from DePaul University, and his Ph.D. in History/Psychology, from Loyola University.
Biographical and Professional Information
Edward E. Gordon is an internationally recognized writer, researcher, speaker, and consultant on the future of America’s and the world’s workforce, educational preparation for jobs and careers, and regional economic development. He is president of Imperial Consulting in Chicago and Palm Desert, California. Imperial has a broad range of clients from Fortune 500 companies and the Swiss government to the Federal Reserve Bank and professional associations, workforce/economic development boards, non-profit organizations in health care, K-12 and higher education, museums, and think-tanks.
Among his many books Ed has written a broad range of business titles including Winning the Global Talent Showdown, The 2010 Meltdown: Solving the Impending Jobs Crisis, Skills Wars, and FutureWork. His research on current business issues has appeared in the New York Times, New Yorker, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Business Week, Chicago Tribune, and Chicago Sun-Times as well as in the documentary film, “Waiting for Superman.”
Gordon has authored numerous articles in such publications as Management Review, Human Resource Executive, Employment Relations Today, Employee Benefit News, Today’s Engineer, Training, Techniques (ACTE), Training & Development (ASTD), and Adult Learning (AAACE). He has appeared on the CBS network’s “The Early Show,” the PBS News Hour, CNN, NPR, and many other substantive discussion programs.
Dr. Gordon received his Ph.D. in psychology and history from Loyola University, Chicago. For 20 years he taught in psychology, history, and business at three Chicago universities: DePaul, Loyola, and Northwestern. He has served on numerous professional civic, higher education and corporate boards. Gordon currently is a member of the Youth Council of the Chicago Workforce Board, the Executive Committee of the Chicago Manufacturing Renaissance Council, Concordia University College of Business Advisory Board, and the Advisory Board of the Coachella Valley Economic Partnership (Palm Springs, CA region).
- Centuries of Tutoring: A History of Alternative Education in America and Western Europe (With Elaine Gordon), University Press of America, 1990
- Closing the Literacy Gap in American Business: A Guide for Trainers and Human Resource Specialists (With Judith A. Ponticell and Ronald R. Morgan), Quorum, 1991
- FutureWork (With Judith A. Ponticell and Ronald R. Morgan), Praeger, 1995
- Opportunities in Training and Development Careers (With Catherine Petrini and Ann Campagna), VGM Career Books , 1997
- Enhancing Learning in Training and Adult Education (With Ronald R. Morgan and Judith A. Ponticell), Praeger, 1998
- Skill Wars: Winning the Battle for Productivity and Profit, Butterworth-Heinemann, 1999
- Tutor Quest: Finding Effective Education for Children and Adults, Phi Delta Kappa Intl Inc, 2002
- Literacy in America: Historic Journey and Contemporary Solutions (With Elaine Gordon), Praeger, 2002
- The 2010 Meltdown: Solving the Impending Jobs Crisis , Praeger, 2005
- Peer Tutoring: A Teacher's Resource Guide, R & L Educaton, 2005
- The Tutoring Revolution: Applying Research for Best Practices, Policy Implications, and Student Achievement (With Ronald R. Morgan, Charles J. O'Malley, and Judith Ponticell, R & L Education, 2006
- Winning the Global Talent Showdown How Businesses & Communities Can Partner to Rebuild the Jobs Pipeline, Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2009
Titles at Your Library
Centuries of Tutoring: A History of Alternative Education in America and Western Europe
Release Date: 1990-04-09
Closing the Literacy Gap in American Business: A Guide for Trainers and Human Resource Specialists
Release Date: 1991-11-30
Release Date: 1995-10-30
Opportunities in Training and Development Careers
Release Date: 1997-07
Literacy in America: Historic Journey and Contemporary Solutions
Release Date: 2002-12-30
Peer Tutoring: A Teacher's Resource Guide
Release Date: 2005-03-25
The Tutoring Revolution: Applying Research for Best Practices, Policy Implications, and Student Achievement
Release Date: 2006-11-16
Winning the Global Talent Showdown: How Businesses and Communities Can Partner to Rebuild the Jobs Pipeline
Release Date: 2009-04-01
Winning the Global Talent Showdown was an American Society for Training & Development Book Club selection.
The Association for Career & Technical Education selected Winning the Global Talent Showdown and The 2010 Meltdown: Solving the Impending Jobs Crisis as Books of the Month
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Edward E. Gordon
220 E. Walton Place #8E
Chicago, IL 60611
Tel: (312) 664-5196
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.