Pen Name: None
Born: 1970 in Elgin, IL
Feldmann born in Elgin, and raised in Algonquin before attending Northern Illinois University. Among his books, two were written about the Chicago Cubs and one was of former Chicago Blackhawks captain Keith Magnuson.
Biographical and Professional Information
Doug Feldmann is a professor in the College of Education at Northern Kentucky University and a former scout for the Cincinnati Reds, Seattle Mariners, and San Diego Padres. He completed his Ph.D. in Curriculum Studies at Indiana University, his master's degree in Secondary Education at Rockford College, and his bachelor's degree in English and History at Northern Illinois University (where he played baseball and was a walk-on running back on the football team).
Dr. Feldmann has written extensively on baseball history and the sport's sociological impact on urban and small-town America. A multiple-time nominee for the Casey Award and the Seymour Medal from the Society for American Baseball Research, Dr. Feldmann is married and lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.
He has also written one ebook - The Dean of Clinton County: A Baseball Novel.
- Keith Magnuson: The Life and Times of a Beloved Blackhawk, Triumph Books, 2013
- Gibson's Last Stand: The Rise, Fall, and Near Misses of the St. Louis Cardinals, 1969-1975, University of Missouri Press, 2013
- Miracle Collapse: The 1969 Chicago Cubs, University of Nebraska Press, 2009
- The 1976 Cincinnati Reds: Last Hurrah for the Big Red Machine, McFarland, 2009
- St. Louis Cardinals Past & Present, MVP Books, 2008
- El Birdos: The 1967 and 1968 St. Louis Cardinals, McFarland, 2007
- September Streak: The 1935 Chicago Cubs Chase the Pennant, McFarland, 2003
- Curriculum and the American Rural School, University Press of America, 2003
- Fleeter than Birds, McFarland, 2002
- Dizzy and the Gas House Gang, McFarland, 2000
Titles at Your Library
Keith Magnuson: The Inspiring Life and Times of a Beloved Blackhawk
Release Date: 2013-10-01
Gibson's Last Stand: The Rise, Fall, and Near Misses of the St. Louis Cardinals, 1969-1975 (Sports and American Culture)
Release Date: 2013-06-21
Miracle Collapse: The 1969 Chicago Cubs
Release Date: 2009-10-01
The 1976 Cincinnati Reds: Last Hurrah for the Big Red Machine
Release Date: 2009-01-12
El Birdos: The 1967 and 1968 St. Louis Cardinals
Release Date: 2007-04-03
September Streak: The 1935 Chicago Cubs Chase the Pennant
Release Date: 2003-07-08
Curriculum and the American Rural School
Release Date: 2003-05-16
Fleeter Than Birds: The 1985 St. Louis Cardinals and Small Ball's Last Hurrah
Release Date: 2002-02
Dizzy and the Gas House Gang: The 1934 St. Louis Cardinals and Depression-Era Baseball
Release Date: 2000-03-01
- Seymour Medal, Society for American Baseball Research (finalist), September Streak: The 1935 Chicago Cubs
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.