Dona J Young
Pen Name: None
Genres: Non-Fiction, Other;
Born: 1951 in Oak Park, Illinois
Dona is a life long Illinois resident.
Biographical and Professional Information
Dona Young is president of The Writer’s Toolkit and Writer’s Toolkit Publishing LLC. In addition to teaching professional writing at Indiana University Northwest, she designs and facilitates corporate training programs. Young speaks at numerous conferences and conducts training programs throughout the country. She holds a B.A. from Northern Illinois University and an M.A. from The University of Chicago. Young also earned a certificate from The Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, which enables her to work with the emotional aspects of learning. She considers herself a life-long learner, believing that who we become is a result of what we learn. Beyond that, her dog Jake keeps her from taking work, or life, too seriously.
- Foundations of Business Communication: An Integrative Approach, Career Education, 2005
- Business English: Writing in the Global Workplace , Career Education, 2007
- The Mechanics of Writing: Which Comes First, the Comma or the Pause?, Writer's Toolkit Publishing, LLC , 2008
- The Little Prince Who Taught a Village to Sing and Andrew's Story (with Andrew Skoda), CreateSpace, 2011
- The Writer's Handbook: Grammar for Writing , CreateSpace, 2011
- Angry E-Mail: How to Put a Lid on It, CreateSpace, 2011
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
The Little Prince Who Taught a Village to Sing and Andrew's Story
Release Date: 2011-05-03
The Writer's Handbook: Grammar for Writing
Release Date: 2011-08-03
Angry E-Mail: How to Put a Lid on It
Release Date: 2011-05-29
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Please contact Dona at: email@example.com or 219-763-9794
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.