Pen Name: Deloris M. Jordan
Birth Year: N/A
Place of Birth: N/A
Website: James Jordan Foundation
Deloris lives in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Deloris is the mother of former Chicago Bulls basketball legend Michael Jordan. She is the coauthor of Salt in His Shoes, illustrated by Kadir Nelson, which Booklist called "inspirational," and Did I Tell You I Love You Today?, illustrated by Shane W. Evans, which was called "a tender read-aloud" by Kirkus Reviews. She is also the author of Family First: Winning the Parenting Game, a book highlighting the seven principles of parenting.
Through her work with the James Jordan Foundation in Chicago, Illinois, as well as the Jordan Institute for Families at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Mrs. Jordan is widely regarded as an advocate for children and families. Jordan is a sought-after national speaker on famiy issues and serves as the volunteer president of the James Jordan Foundation. She is the mother of five children and the grandmother of eleven.
- Family First: Winning the Parenting Game, Harper, 1996 - written with Gregg A. Lewis
- Family First: Leader's Guide, Urban Ministries, 1998
- Family First, Urban Ministries, 1998
- Salt in His Shoes : Michael Jordan in Pursuit of a Dream, Aladdin Paperbacks, 2003 - written with Roslyn Jordan
- Did I Tell You I Love You Today?, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, 2004 - written with Roslyn Jordan
- Michael's Golden Rules, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, 2004 - written with Roslyn Jordan
- Baby Blessings, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, 2010
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Deloris was honored at the 2005 Illinois Authors Book Fair sponsored by the Illinois Center for the Book and the Illinois State Library in Springfield, Illinois.
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.