Pen Name: Jay D. Blakeney and Sean Dalton
Born: 1957 in Chicago, Illinois
Deborah was born in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Deborah Chester received her B.A. and M.A. from the University of Oklahoma. She is internationally published, and an award-winning author of over 30 novels. She has written Regency romances, historical romances, young adult, science fiction, and fantasy. She is a tenured professor of professional writing the University of Oklahoma, where she teaches novel and short story writing. In 2004, she was inducted into the Writers Hall of Fame of America.
- Love So Wild, Coward, 1980.
- French Slippers, Coward, 1981.
- Royal Intrigue, Dell, 1982.
- Heart's Desire, Avon, 1983.
- Captured Hearts, Harlequin, 1989.
"RUBY THRONE" SERIES
- Reign of Shadows, Ace Books, 1996.
- Shadow War, Ace Books, 2004.
- Realm of Light, Ace Books, 2004.
"ALIEN CHRONICLES" SERIES
- The Golden One, Boulevard, 1997.
- The Crimson Claw, Ace, 1998.
- The Crystal Eye, Ace, 1999.
"SWORD, RING, AND CHALICE" SERIES
- The Sword, Ace, 2000.
- The Ring, Ace, 2000.
- The Chalice, Ace, 2001.
- The Queen's Gambit, Ace, 2002.
- The King Betrayed, Ace, 2003.
- The Queen's Knight, Ace, 2004.
- The King Imperiled, Berkley Publishing, 2005.
- The Sign of the Owl, (juvenile), Four Winds Press, 1981.
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
A love so wild
Release Date: 1980
Release Date: 1982-08-15
Release Date: 1982-07
Release Date: 1983-10
Release Date: 1989-04-01
Reign of Shadows (Ruby Throne)
Release Date: 2004-01-27
Shadow War (Ruby Throne)
Release Date: 2004-02-24
Realm of Light (Ruby Throne)
Release Date: 2004-03-30
The Crimson Claw (Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles)
Release Date: 1998-10-01
The Crystal Eye (Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles)
Release Date: 1999-08-01
Sword, Ring, and Chalice: The Sword
Release Date: 2000-02-01
The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice: The Ring (Sword, Ring, and Chalice)
Release Date: 2000-08-01
Sword, Ring, Chalice (Sword, Ring, and Chalice)
Release Date: 2001-01-01
The King Imperiled
Release Date: 2005-11-29
The sign of the owl
Release Date: 1981
- American Library Association Best Books for Young Adults, The Sign of The Owl
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Contact the author at:firstname.lastname@example.org
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.