Pen Name: None
Born: October 30, 1949 in Boston Massachusetts
David was a professor of English at Eastern Illinois University and lived in Charleston, Illinois. In 2009 he retired and moved to Charlotte, North Carolina, though he still maintains some ties to Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
Radavich is a poet, playwright and teacher. Since the mid-1980's, he has been a professor of English at Eastern Illinois University.
- Slain Species, Court Poetry Press, 1980
- By The Way: Poems Over the Years, Buttonwood Press, 1998
- America Bound: An Epic for Our Time, Plain View Press, 2007
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Slain Species: A Selection of Poems
Release Date: 1980
By the Way: Poems over the Years
Release Date: 1998-02
America Bound: An Epic for Our Time
Release Date: 2007-02-15
- Carruth Memorial Poetry Competition Prizes, University of Kansas, 1973, 1974, 1976
- 3rd Prize, Kansas Quarterly Poetry Contest, 1974
- Listing in International Who's Who in Poetry (Cambridge, England), 1976 and ff.
- 1st Prize, Tell-Tale Poetry Competition (Bolton, England), 1978
- 1st Prize and Special Prize, International Competition for Rhymed Verse (Coventry, England),1982
- Listing in Poets and Writers' Directory of American Poets and Fiction Writers, 1983 and ff.
- 3rd Prize, SuccessPoetry Competition (Peterborough, England), 1983
- Consolation Prize, Phoenix International Poems for Peace Competition (Barcelona, Spain), 1984
- Finalist, Alabama Press Poetry Series Competition, 1984
- Inclusion in Die weiten Horizone: amerikanische Lyrik 1638 bis 1980 (Cologne, Germany), 1984
- Listing in Who's Who in U.S. Writers, Editors, and Poets, First Edition, 1986-87 and ff.
- 3rd Prize, Willow Review Poetry Competition, 1987
- Finalist, Carnegie-Mellon University Press Poetry Manuscript Competition, 1988
- Finalist, Poetpourri Poetry Competition, 1988
- Prizewiner, Goodman Awards Poetry Competition, 1989
- Featured Poet, The Rolling Coulter , Spring 1990
- Inclusion in American Poets Special Issue, Orbis (UK), 1992
- Designation as Illinois Distinguished Author, 1995
- Placement on Illinois Authors Map, 1995
- Honorable Mention, Northwoods Journal Poetry Contest, 1996
- Inclusion in Century: 100 Major Poets, Orbis (UK), 1996
- Semi-finalist, New Issues Poetry Prize, for Life-Cycles, 1997
- Listing in Outstanding Writers of the Twentieth Century, summer 2000
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.