Pen Name: None
Born: 1964 in Sidney, Nebraska
Photo Credit: Philip Chaon
Chaon graduated from Northwestern University in Evanston.
Biographical and Professional Information
Dan Chaon is the acclaimed author of Among the Missing, which was a finalist for the National Book Award. His fiction has appeared in many journals and anthologies, including The Best American Short Stories, Pushcart Prize, and The O. Henry Prize Stories. A finalist for the National Magazine Award in Fiction, Chaon was also the recipient of the 2006 Academy Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
A graduate from Northwestern Illinois University, Chaon received his MFA from Syracuse. He currently lives in Cleveland, Ohio, and teaches at Oberlin College, where he is the Pauline M. Delaney Professor of Creative Writing.
- Fitting Ends and Other Stories, Triquarterly, 1995
- Among the Missing , Ballantine, 2002
- You Remind Me of Me: A Novel , Ballantine, 2005
- Await Your Reply: A Novel, Ballantine, 2010
- Stay Awake: Stories, Ballantine, 2012
- Ill Will, Ballantine, 2017
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Fitting Ends and Other Stories
Release Date: 1995-10-25
Among the Missing (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
Release Date: 2002-01-29
You Remind Me of Me: A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
Release Date: 2005-04-26
Await Your Reply: A Novel (Random House Reader's Circle)
Release Date: 2010-06-01
Release Date: 2012-02-07
Among the Missing
- Finalist, National Book Award
You Remind Me of Me
- Best Books of the Year, The Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, The Christian Science Monitor and Entertainment Weekly
Await Your Reply
- Notable Book, New York Times
- 2006 Academy Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.