Pen Name: None
Born: 1935 in Aurora, Illinois
Davis lives in Springfield, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
Cullom Davis is a Princeton graduate and received his doctorate in American history from the University of Illinois. He founded the nationally recognized Oral History Office at Sangamon State University - the predecessor to the University of Illinois Springfield. A founding faculty member at the university, he helped establish the MA program in public history as well. In addition to publishing numerous articles, Davis is the author of many books.
- Oral History From Tape to Type, American Library Association Editions, 1977
- The Public and the Private Lincoln: Contemporary Perspectives, Southern Illinois University Press, 1979
- The Prairie Bondman: A Corporate History of John Naveen & Co., Southern Illinois University Press, 1996,
- Memorial Days: A History of Community Partnerships, Southern Illinois University Press, 1997
- The Law Practice of Abraham Lincoln: Complete Documentary Edition, University of Illinois Press, 2000,
- Heartland, Indiana University Press, 1988
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Oral History: From Tape to Type
Release Date: 1977-08
The Public and the Private Lincoln: Contemporary Perspectives
Release Date: 1979-12-01
LAW PRACTICE OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN
Release Date: 2000-04-13
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.