Pen Name: None
Chan lives in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Crystal Chan grew up in Wisconsin. She has published articles in several magazines; given talks and workshops across the country; facilitated discussion groups at national conferences; and been a professional storyteller. Bird, is her first novel. An online curriculum guide is available at the author's website.
Bird, Atheneum Books , 2014
Titles at Your Library
Release Date: 2014-01-28
- 2016 ILLINOIS READS Book
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Chan's presentation topics include:
- Letting your real self *shine*
- When There’s No Box To Check: Falling in the Racial Cracks, Multiracial Students, and Diversity
- How To Break All the Rules and Still Get Published...in Ten Countries
- Beyond being “unique”: a mixed-race author in a monoracial world
- Hey, they whitewashed my book! On race and diversity
- The writer's journey: wandering the path of bedazzlement
- Bird activity and writing workshop
Presentations can also be designed for your needs. Please contact the author for rates and availability.
Chan is represented by Emily van Beek of Folio Literary Management.
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.