Pen Name: None
Born: 1936 Hutchinson, Kansas
Photo credit: Scott Buhrmaster
Charles currently resides in Wilmette.
Biographical and Professional Information
Charles is one of the co-founders of Calibre Press, Inc - a leading independent producer of training materials for law enforcement personnel in over 50 countries. He is also an award-winning author as well as co-founder, co-producer, instructor, scriptwriter for the Street Survival Seminar.
Charles earned his undergraduate and master's degree from Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University, Evanston.
- The New Look of Organized Crime , National Research Bureau, 1962
- Behind the Cotton Curtain, A Study of Mississippi, Presbyterian National Board of Missions, 1963
- Rights in Conflict (With Daniel Walker), Bantam, 1968, ISBN:
- Our Children`s Burden (With Bonnie Remsberg, Raymond Mack, and others), Random House, 1968
- School Without Lunch, New Community Press, 1969
- Inside Badminton, Contemporary Books, 1978
- Street Survival (With Ronald Adams and Thomas McTernan), Calibre Press, 1980
- The Tactical Edge, Surviving High-Risk Patrol, Calibre Press, 1986
- Tactics for Criminal Patrol, Vehicle Stops, Drug Discovery, and Officer Survival, Calibre Press, 1995
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
The Tactical Edge: Surviving High-Risk Patrol
Release Date: 1986
Tactics for Criminal Patrol: Vehicle Stops, Drug Discovery and Officer Survival
Release Date: 1995-06
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Unknown)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.