Carol Blake Gerrond
Pen Name: None
Genres: Fiction, journalism
Born: April 9, 1933, Neponset, Illinois
Gerrond is a columnist and special feature writer for Star Courier of Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
I'm a lifelong Midwesterner with a love for homemaking, teaching, and writing. I'm a graduate of Illinois State University with a double major in speech and English, and a minor in library science. I taught in these fields for 27 years, and substituted in them for 18 more, plus I spent several years as granny-nanny for my 3 granddaughters.
I've been married to Wayne Gerrond for 56 years. We have 3 children and 3 grandchildren, and usually a couple of granddogs, plus a cat or two.
Gerrond's other works include:
- Hideout in Bishop Hill (Kewanee Star Courier) Release Date: 2006
- The Right Night for Rosie (Plays, The Drama Magazine for Young People) Release Date: January/February 2000
- Ag Boys of '55 Reunite in the Year 2000: Successful Farming Release Date: November, 2000
- Woman's World Magazine - 16 short fiction stories from 1983-2006
Newspaper Columns and Feature Stories:
- Kewanee Star Courier - 2006-To Present
Heartstorm, Zondervan, 1986
Shadows and Secrets, Avalon, 1992
Don't Say Love, Avalon, 1992
Speaking of Love, Avalon, 1994
Everything They Ever Wanted, Avalon, 1998
Shadows of the Heart, Avalon, 1999
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Release Date: 1987-03
Speaking of Love (Avalon Career Romances)
Release Date: 1994-04-01
Everything They Ever Wanted (Avalon Romance)
Release Date: 1998-06
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.