Pen Name: None
Born: October 21,1921 in Joliet, Illinois
Died:June 17, 2006 in Ely, Minnesota
Bob was born and raised in Illinois. But his love of outdoor living brought him to the ultimate wilderness destination: Ely, Minnesota, time and again. Finally, in 1966 Bob and his family moved to his beloved Ely, where he lived for the rest of his life.
Biographical and Professional Information
He worked as outdoor writer for the Joliet Herald News from 1948 - 1955, was editor and outdoor writer for Joliet Spectator from 1956 - 1957, and served as outdoor editor for the Chicago Daily News from 1958 - 1966.
- Winter Camping, Stephen Green Press, 1978
- Big Wilderness Canoe Manual, Mc-Kay Press, 1978
- Quiet Magic, Pfiefer Hamilton, 1989
- Root Beer Lady, Pfiefer Hamilton, 1993
- Tales From Jackpine Bob, Pfiefer Hamilton, 1996
- Born to Pull, Pfiefer Hamilton, 1999
- Ely Echoes, The Portages Grow Longer, Pfiefer Hamilton, 2000
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Quiet Magic (Outdoor Essays & Reflections)
Release Date: 2002-08-14
Root Beer Lady: The Story Of Dorothy Molter
Release Date: 2002-06-14
Tales from Jackpine Bob
Release Date: 1995-09
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.