Pen Name: None
Born: in Freeville, New York
Dickinson lived in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Dickinson is an advice columnist. She succeeds the legendary Ann Landers as the Chicago Tribune's signature advice columnist. Dickinson's column, Ask Amy, is syndicated by Tribune Media Services to newspapers around the world.
Before joining the Chicago Tribune, Dickinson penned a column on family issues for TIME magazine and had been regularly featured on National Public Radio's All Things Considered.
Dickinson graduated from Georgetown University and has also worked as a producer for NBC News and as a freelance writer for publications such as The Washington Post, Esquire and O magazine. She has also appeared as a social commentator on CBS' Sunday Morning.
She currently lives in Freeville, NY.
- The Mighty Queens of Freeville: A Mother, a Daughter, and the Town That Raised Them, Hyperion Books, 2009
- Ask Amy: Advice for Better Living, Agate, 2013
- Strangers Tend to Tell Me Things: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and Coming Home, Hachette Books , 2017
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
The Mighty Queens of Freeville: A Mother, a Daughter, and the Town That Raised Them
- Starred Review, Publishers Weekly, 2009
Strangers Tend to Tell Me Things: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and Coming Home
- Starred Review, Booklist, 2017
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.