Pen Name: Julia Curtin
Genres: Fiction, Non-Fiction
Alessio is a teen librarian at the Schaumburg Township District Library.
Biographical and Professional Information
Amy Alessio is an award winning librarian and an author. Her first young adult mystery was published in 2013 and she has adult mystery stories published in anthologies and on Kindle with recipes - Treasures, Missing Andy, Felled by Fruitcake and Hearts and Daggers.
A teen librarian at the Schaumburg Township District Library, she has edited professional titles, including Excellence in Library Services for Young Adults and Missing. Her recent reference titles include the co-authored A Year of Programs for Teens 2 and Mind Bending Mysteries for Teens.
Amy has published articles on books, author marketing and social media. She also reviews adult and teen titles for national publications, including Booklist and Teenreads.com and has served on the American Library Association's Young Adult Library Services Association board.
Amy also presents Vintage Cooking and Crafting presentations based on her popular blog.
- A Year of Programs for Teens, American Library Association Editions, 2006 - written with Kimberly A. Patton
- The Heat of the Moment, Echelon Press Publishing, 2007 - written with Regan Black and Carl Brookins
- A Year of Programs for Teens 2, American Library Association Editions, 2011 - written with Kimberly A. Patton
- Taking the High Ground, 4RV Publishing LLC, 2013
- Year of Programs for Millennials and More, American Library Association Editions, 2015 - written with Katie LaMantia and Emily Vinci
- Club Programs for Teens: 100 Activities for the Entire Year, American Library Association Editions, 2015 - written with Heather Booth
Titles at Your Library
A Year of Programs for Teens
Release Date: 2006-10-01
The Heat of the Moment
Release Date: 2007-12-21
A Year of Programs for Teens 2
Release Date: 2011-06-13
Year of Programs for Millennials and More
Release Date: 2015-05-27
Club Programs for Teens: 100 Activities for the Entire Year
Release Date: 2015-07-09
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.