Allen W. Smith, PhD.
Pen Name: None
Genres: Non-Fiction, Other;
Allen Smith is Professor emeritus of Eastern Illinois University.
Biographical and Professional Information
Dr. Smith, whose economics textbooks are used in high schools across the country, believes every citizen of the United States has a right to know everything about the waw the government used tax funding. He has been battling economic illiteracy and government economic malpractice. For the past decade, he has been screaming out the warning that, if the United States did not change course, the nation was heading toward the kind of economic calamity that finally struck in 2008. Allen's journey, is as an advocate for economic education and sound economic policies. Dr. Smith retired from teaching in 1977 to devotehis time to research.
- Understanding Inflation and Unemployment , Burnham Inc Pub;, 1982
- Demystifying Economics : The Book That Makes Economics Accessible to Everyone, Ironwood Publications, 2000
- The Alleged Budget Surplus, Social Security, & Voodoo Economics, Ironwood Publications, 2000
- The Looting of Social Security: How the Government Is Draining Americas Retirement Account, Ironwood Publications, 2003
- Social Security: The Attempt to Kill It , Ironwood Publications, 2005
- The Big Lie: How Our Government Hoodwinked The Public, Emptied the S.S. Trust Fund, and caused The Great Economic Collapse , Ironwood Publications, 2009
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Understanding Inflation and Unemployment
Release Date: 1982-03
The Looting of Social Security: How the Government Is Draining Americas Retirement Account
Release Date: 2003-11-30
Social Security: The Attempt to Kill It
Release Date: 2005-07-15
The Big Lie: How Our Government Hoodwinked The Public, Emptied the S.S. Trust Fund, and caused The Great Economic Collapse
Release Date: 2009-08-01
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Allen W. Smith is available for media interviews and speaking engagements. Call 1-800-840-6812
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.