Pen Name: None
Genres: Non-Fiction, History, Other;
Born: 1848 in Bern, Switzerland
Died: 1914 in Sevilla, Spain
The author was born in Switzerland to a well educated family that later moved to Highland, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
Adolph Bandelier became a well know anthropolgist and archaeologist who studied Native American tribes in the Southwestern United States and Central America. The Bandelier National Monument is named after him.
- Final Report of Investigations Among the Indians if the Southwestern United States, General Books LLC, 2010
- The Southwestern Journals of Adolph F. Bandelier, 1889-1992, University of New Mexico Press, 1984
- The Discovery of New Mexico by the Franciscan Monk, Friar Marcos De Niza in 1539, University of Arizona Press, 1982
- The Delight Makers, General Books LLC, 2010
- The Islands of Titicaca and Koati, Illustrated, Hispanic Society of America, 2010
- The Indians and Aboriginal Ruins near Chachapoyas in Northern Peru, Amazon Print on Demand, 2010
- On the Social Organization and the Form of Government of the Ancient Mecxicans, University of Toronto, 2011
- Documentary History of the Rio Grande Pueblos of New Mexico, Kessinger Publishing LLC, 2010
- Hemenway SouthwesternArchaeological Expedition:..., Nebu Press, 2010
Titles at Your Library
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.